Reflection of the reading about what is critical thinking


  • For me, the emotions that are most difficult to manage when others disagree with me are anger, frustration, resentful and desperation. I deal with these emotions when I am in a debate and sometimes the participants do not allow that I or other people put his/her two cents in the debate. For me, is much better have a debate full of ideas rather that have a debate that goes around the same idea. Owing to the fact that all the members can show their arguments and make the debate more enjoyable.
  • For me, the influences on my own thinking That I need to be most aware of so they don’t prejudice my thinking are preconceptions, bias and beliefs. I deal with this by trying to be more spontaneous in a debate or a conversation moreover I always try to be sceptic in the debates. Because it gives me more options to participate actively.
  • For me, the things I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of other people are looking for the appropriate words for irrupting the person that is talking. Also, I find difficult looking for the heart of the issue and compare my knowledge about the issue with the arguments that the other person is giving. 
  • Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bodner’s description of the students?  What effect would the approach he suggests have on your learning and understanding. I don’t recognize myself as the student that Bodner describe in his example to be unable to apply the knowledge outside the narrow domain. I think that I have learnt so much things that I can apply in other fields. I find really useful the approach because it would increase our capacity of learning and understand much better what we read and the world.

  • The barriers that I consider that might be affecting my critical thinking abilities are lack of methods, lack of practice, mistaking information for understanding. What I could do for overcome these barriers in the next few months, is put into practice the strategies that I have already read in article. If I put into practice those these strategies, I will develop critical thinking skills.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Reflection about the stereotypes

Summary of the talk given by Dr. Stephen Brookfield about Creative and Critical Thinking

Analysis of the Colum Teaching political science in the age of Trump