Reflection about the stereotypes

   
Task fifth
To, start with this I’m going to say that stereotypes are something that exist in our society with the purpose of labelling or oversimplified in an image a particular type of person. Sometimes, stereotypes are seen as myths. According what I saw in the videos stereotypes are used worldwide. People from a country use it to characterize people that are not from the country. But also, stereotypes are used for portray a kind of image of people even from the same country. The fanny thing here is that in some cases, the stereotypes are true and in some cases they are a wrong perspective created by someone.  The characterizations that people do from others can be dangerous or annoying because we as human beings like be treated well. So, when we hear a person talking about a stereotype that oversimplify the image of people of my hometown I always try to have a conversation with this person. In the conversation I try to show fact and examples that helps me to refuted and abolish that false image that this person might have from people of my city or municipality. If I go to other country and I got stereotype by anything I will do the same in order to change that oversimplified in an image that they may have from my country.

Comentarios

  1. This topic about stereotypes is really broad, you have taken several interesting points. I recommend you check the punctuation and spelling.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Summary of the talk given by Dr. Stephen Brookfield about Creative and Critical Thinking

Analysis of the Colum Teaching political science in the age of Trump